Twenty Years!? Let's Celebrate
Oh! was the star at Silver Street’s “Second Saturday” on Aug. 8 from 2 p.m. – 5 p.m., hosted by Michael Raak of Flashback Films Inc., to kick off Oh!’s 20th anniversary season. Although the focus was on opera, the event also celebrated the visual arts, as Oh! shared the space with Foto Fest International and its exhibit I Am A Camera, along with open studios for the artists housed at Silver Street. “Second Saturday” is free and open to the public.
Some of the activities included:
- Micro opera performances by Oh! singers
- Karbach Brewing Co. was on hand with complimentary beverages for guests
- A VIP area in Flashback Films’ studio for Oh!’s YOLO (Young Opera Lovers Organization) members and potential members to mingle and learn more about the benefits of joining this young professionals group. Surprise activities and swag bags were available for YOLO participants.
- Showcase of opera costume work and set designs by Oh! designers
- Booths with information and visual presentations for guests
- Raffles for prizes
All Photos provided by Carl Cramer Photography
Silver Street Studios is located at 2000 Edwards St., Houston, 77007. Community members are invited to drop in any time between 2 p.m. – 5 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 8 for fun and festivities centered on the arts. Call 713-861-5303 or 713-589-8650 for more details.